Change of circumstances

Watch this video to find out when you need to notify us of changes to your service.

On this page:

You must tell us when certain things change in your organisation.

There are four main types of changes you need to tell us about:

  1. Advertised fee arrangements
  2. Service operations, such as changes to operating hours and days, number of vacancies, if the service stops operating
  3. Service location or contact details
  4. Employee changes, such as the name or contact details of a person with management or control of the provider, any person who is responsible for the day-to-day operation of any of the provider’s approved child care services, staff details, staff that join or leave your services.

Different reporting deadlines apply depending on the change. You should tell us about any of the above changes as soon as possible.

Ensure your fee and vacancy details are up to date on the Starting Blocks website to help families find your service. Update your contact details, including email addresses, in the Child Care Subsidy System so you don’t miss important information.

You can update your details in the Provider Entry Point (PEP) or through your third-party software. For help, see the task card on updating your details in the PEP or contact your third-party software provider.

Learn more about notifying us of changes in the Child Care Provider Handbook.