These initiatives outline Australia's national education strategy for schools.
On this page:
Engaged Classrooms: supporting all students to achieve
The Australian Government will invest $3.5 million over two years for Engaged Classrooms: supporting all students to achieve.
The Engaged Classrooms package will help improve Australia’s learning environment by:
- Supporting inclusive, respectful classrooms so teachers can help their students achieve their full potential and improve education outcomes
- Helping students to re-engage with the classroom environment after two years of disruption to learning.
School assessments in Australia
The National Assessment Program (NAP) is a list of all the national and internal school tests that students will or may be selected to sit.
- Who manages the NAP
- Why schools participate
- Australian and international tests
School funding legislation
School funding is provided in line with the Australian Education Act 2013.
- Learn about the Act
- Who can administer or receive funding
- Who oversees the funding
Explore the Australian school curriculum
The Australian Curriculum provides a clear outline of content, achievement standards and opportunities for flexibile delivery.
The national curriculum applies to all Australian schools and is currently under review.
- Current review of the Australian Curriculum
- Resources and reports
- Programs and projects that support the curriculium
Indigenous education targets to help Close the Gap
Find programs and funding that support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students.
- Close the Gap education targets
- Needs-based funding for schools
- Further school funding and reform
Find disability support programs
Find information relevant to students with disability, including their parents and carers and supporting school staff.
- The Disability Standards for Education 2005
- Case studies, resources and data
Resources for schools
Resources for Schools can help you learn about programs that support students and the school community.
- Access the School Entry Point
- Learn about programs
- Find core skills information
Alice Springs (Mparntwe) Education Declaration
The Mparntwe Declaration places young Australians at the centre of their education journey. Learn about:
- The Declaration’s vision for education in Australia
- The review of the 2008 Melbourne Declaration on Educational Goals for Young Australians
National School Reform Agreement
The National School Reform Agreement is a joint agreement between the Commonwealth, States and Territories to lift student outcomes across Australian schools. Learn about the:
- 8 national policy initiatives
- Bilateral Agreements
- Progress reports
Advancing national education priorities
The Education Ministers Meeting progresses items of national importance across:
- Early childhood education and care
- School education
- Higher education
- International education.