If you're looking to study in Australia, or you are an international student, find program and initiatives that can assist you.
On this page:
Before studying in Australia
If you're looking to study in Australia, there are many tools available to help you find the right course for you and to learn about living, studying and working in Australia.
- Find a course
- Study Australia
- Your representation
During your studies in Australia
If you are a current international student studying with an Australian education provider, find out about how to get the most out of your experience and the measures in place to protect you while you study.
- Legislation to protect international students
- Including work integrated learning in your studies
- What to do if your education provider closes or you cannot complete your course
After studying in Australia
If you are about to graduate or have just graduated from an Australian education provider, explore the next steps of how to make the most out of the connections you have made and your experience studying in Australia.
- Employable you
- Job jumpstart
- The Australia Global Alumni
The rights of international students at work
Financial assistance for international students
If you're looking to study in Australia, there are many scholarships, grants and bursaries which can assist you financially while you study in Australia.
- Scholarships to study in regional Australia
- Short-term mobility opportunities for Australian and Asian university students
- Scholarships to study a higher degree by research
Tuition protection for students
If you are a student and your private provider stops delivering your unit or course, you may be eligible for assistance under the Tuition Protection Service (TPS).
- What the TPS is
- When you would receive help under the TPS
- Replacement units and refunds for your study
State and Territory Government resources to support international students
There are plenty of resources to help you make the most of your experience depending on which state or territory you are studying in or planning to study in.Explore state and territory resources
Post-study work rights for international graduates
From 1 July 2023, international higher education graduates with eligible qualifications will be granted an extra two years of post-study work rights.
- Eligibility of international graduates
- Eligible occupations and qualifications
- What steps you need to take