The Australian Government will invest $3.5 million to develop evidence-based guidance and tools for effectively managing classrooms and creating safe and supportive environments focused on learning. These learning resources will support:
- primary and secondary teachers to develop and implement effective routines and approaches that maximise student engagement in their own classrooms
- school leaders and teaching teams to develop and implement whole-school positive behaviour management systems
- parents and students to understand the importance of effectively managed classroom environments focused on learning, and how they can best contribute.
Resources will include:
- best practice exemplars that teachers can learn from and adapt for their own classrooms
- best practice whole-school systems and policies that school leaders can learn from and adapt for their own schools
- video and written case studies of best practice materials, systems and policies in use
- podcasts involving experts and experienced guests
Specialised resources will also be developed for supporting certain groups of students including, but not limited to: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students; students experiencing disability; neuro-diverse students; students experiencing trauma.