Rural and regional areas offer many great opportunities for students. These programs help to support students to continue their education in these areas.
On this page:
Study at a Regional University Centre
Regional University Centres improve access to higher education for students living in regional and remote areas.
- About the program
- Locate a regional university centre
- Learn about funding commitments
Help accessing Higher Education
Programs exist to help students access university who:
- Live in regional and remote areas
- Identify as indigenous
- Are from a low socio-economic status (SES) background
- Have a disability
Scholarships are available to help undergraduate, postgraduate and vocational education and training students in regional and remote Australia.
- Support if you need to relocate for study
- Support for regional students to study anywhere in Australia
- Support for domestic and international students to study in regional Australia
Financial support for students
The Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) has 5 different loan schemes that provide support to students.
- Learn about changes to HELP
- Information for students
- Information for providers