These programs help to support and enhance Australia's Higher Education Research Sector.
On this page:
Building Australia's cyber security capability
The Academic Centres of Cyber Security Excellence (ACCSE) encourages students to study and research cyber security. Centres have been established at the University of Melbourne and Edith Cowan University.
- Learn about the ACCSE program
- Learn about Australia's Cyber Security Strategy
Higher Education Research Promotion (HERP)
HERP supports activities that promote research and scholarship in science, social science or humanities in Australia.
- Learn about the 7 organisations funded
- Explore their work
Funding for Australia's research sector
Research block grants provide funding to eligible Australian higher education providers for research and research training.
- Learn about the Government's block grants
- Current and previous programs
- Use research block grant data-sets
Regional research collaboration between universities and industry
The Regional Research Collaboration program funds research collaboration to:
- Address challenges with undertaking research in regional institutions
- Improve support for regional areas by strengthening rural research capacity
- Open more opportunities to develop local industry.
University Research Commercialisation Package
The University Research Commercialisation Package outlines key initiatives which will reform Australia’s research commercialisation landscape including
- Australia’s Economic Accelerator Program
- Introduction of a National Industry PhD Program
- Expansion of CSIRO’s Main Sequence Ventures
- Creation of an Intellectual Property Framework
- Establishment of the Trailblazer Universities Program
It leverages the University Research Commercialisation Action Plan, which outlines an overarching strategy to boost collaboration and commercial returns.Learn more about our university research commercialisation initiatives.