Applications are now open for the disadvantaged and vulnerable communities grant.
The disadvantaged and vulnerable communities grant helps services stay open and increase the number of children in early childhood education and care (ECEC). This is the grant’s fourth round.
The grant is part of the Community Child Care Fund (CCCF). CCCF helps services address barriers to ECEC participation.
The grant has two funding activities:
- sustainability support grants help improve the service’s sustainability and viability
- capital support grants help improve existing ECEC facilities.
To be eligible, providers must:
- be Child Care Subsidy (CCS) approved, and
- operate a service in an identified priority area, or
- located in, or servicing families in, a regional, remote or very remote area, or
- provide specialised care services to disadvantaged or vulnerable families, or
- currently receive CCCF funding under round 1 or round 3.
Applications will be open until 8 March 2024. We encourage providers to review the requirements for applying as soon as possible. We can’t extend the application period or accept late applications.
Check your eligibility, find grant guidelines, and apply on GrantConnect.
Since 2018, the Australian Government has provided over $208 million to around 1,060 services under the CCCF disadvantaged and vulnerable communities grant.
Learn more about the CCCF grant on our website.