The Child Care Subsidy System (CCSS) is the online system we use to administer the Child Care Subsidy (CCS). It holds records like enrolments and session reports. This information is used to calculate payments for families. Providers must register with PRODA to access the system.
On this page:
Families access the CCSS through their Centrelink online account via:
In the system, families can:
- see payment information
- view attendance records
- confirm enrolments.
Providers access the CCSS through:
- the Provider Entry Point (PEP), or
- an approved third-party software of their choice.
All providers apply for CCS approval via the PEP. Once approved, you can continue using the PEP or use an approved third-party software.
To access the PEP, you must first register with Provider Digital Access (PRODA). Any staff that will use the CCSS must also register with PRODA.
Provider Entry Point
In the PEP, you can:
- apply to become an approved provider
- add or remove a service
- update staff and organisation details
- create session reports and enrolments
- view entitlements and payments
- make ACCS claims
- update the Family Day Care Exceptions Register.
For help using the PEP, see the task cards below.
Once approved to administer CCS, you may choose to use an approved third-party software instead of the PEP.
Most providers use third-party software for the business features they provide, like:
- room management
- vacancy management
View a list of approved third-party software.
Become a third-party software provider
If you’re interested in registering a software product that can transact with the CCSS, email Services Australia at email@example.com.
PRODA is an online authentication system. You can use it to securely access government online services.
To get a PRODA account you need to:
- create a username and password
- set up security questions and answers
- verify your identity using documents such as a passport, driver’s licence and Medicare card.
If you're a manager
Persons with management or control must:
- create their own PRODA account
- register the organisation in PRODA
- link the organisation to the PEP.
From the My linked services screen, select the PRODA Organisations tab on the top right. From here you can register or manage your organisation 's details.
Your organisation’s details will be checked against the Australian Business Register (ABR). Your individual PRODA account name must match an associated member name on the ABR.
Once you register you organisation in PRODA, you can link CCS as a service and access the PEP.
If you’re a staff member
All staff that will use the CCSS need to create their own PRODA account.
Once you register, you’ll get a PRODA Registration Authority (RA) number. It will be sent to the email address in your PRODA account.
You then need to give your RA number to the person with management or control of your organisation. They’ll link your account to your organisation in PRODA. You can then do updates for your organisation using the PEP or a software product.
- How to register in PRODA
- How to obtain child care software activation codes
- How to create, edit and view enrolments in the Provider Entry Point
- How to view, create and update session reports in the Provider Entry Point
- How to view entitlements and payments in the Provider Entry Point
- How to create a new ACCS child wellbeing certificate in the Provider Entry Point
- How to create a new ACCS child wellbeing determination in the Provider Entry Point
- How to make changes to ACCS certificates and determinations in the Provider Entry Point
- How to add, update and remove personnel details in the Provider Entry Point
- How to view and update organisation details in the Provider Entry Point
- How to update organisation details in Child Care Finder in the Provider Entry Point
- How to create, view and update the FDC register in the Provider Entry Point