The department has commissioned Deloitte to review the Community Child Care Fund (CCCF) restricted grant. Deloitte will work in partnership with SNAICC and Murawin.
On this page:
The review will examine how the grant is meeting its goals to:
- improve early childhood development outcomes for vulnerable and disadvantaged children
- increase workforce participation by vulnerable and disadvantaged families.
The CCCF restricted grant was set up in 2018 to support services to address obstacles to early childhood education and care (ECEC). The grant is particularly for disadvantaged and vulnerable communities.
About the program
The grant supports 151 child care services across Australia, mostly in remote areas. Funding also supports capacity building and sustainable service operations to increase the participation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander children in ECEC.
About the review
In 2023, the grant is being independently reviewed to ensure the best possible outcomes for children and their families.
The review will examine many aspects of the grant. The review will include consultation with providers, services and other stakeholders across Australia.
Terms of reference
The review will provide evidence-based findings to inform the accessibility, investment, and future policy settings.
The review will determine:
- the future of the grant and if the initial objectives can be met or improved
- if the services would benefit from a different funding model, and what this might be
- if the operation of some grant components can be improved
- if the grant aligns with additional government policy, such as the National Agreement on Closing the Gap
- if the aim of workforce participation of parents and caregivers is effective and appropriate in improving participation and developmental outcomes for vulnerable and disadvantaged children.
The review will be completed by early 2024. Deloitte in partnership with SNAICC and Murawin will consult with restricted grant services and peak bodies in the sector.
Findings will feed into the:
If you have questions or comments, or would like further information, email email@example.com.