The Early Childhood Education and Care National Workforce Census assists the Australian Government to develop and measure policies and programs for the early childhood sector.
It is held for:
- child care providers approved under Family Assistance Law, and
- dedicated preschools and kindergartens in all states and territories
From April to July 2021, providers and services, along with dedicated preschools and kindergartens (on a voluntary basis) participated in the nationwide census, with last year’s census being the fourth.
The results of the 2021 census are now available.
Information collected included:
- details on service usage
- children with additional needs
- access to preschool programs
- staff information, including demographics, qualifications, wages, and current study.
The results of the census will help ensure that children and their families receive quality early learning and care.
The 2021 National Workforce Census achieved a 99% response rate.