From February 2024, early childhood teachers (ECTs) in training can express their interest to join a practicum exchange network. From July 2024, candidates will be able to search for and arrange exchange opportunities on a dedicated website.
On this page:
Practicum exchanges can foster:
- diverse experience and knowledge
- networking and support opportunities
- skill and knowledge transfer.
In 2024–25 the department will coordinate up to 50 practicum exchanges.
How it works
From February 2024, services and educators can express their interest in joining a practicum exchange network.
From July 2024 a dedicated website will:
- allow services and educators to submit expressions of interest
- allow services and educators to connect with each other
- provide information and case studies detailing how exchanges could work.
The department will engage with universities to build support for this program.
From 2024–25 to 2026–27, participants undertaking an exchange in a rural or remote area can apply for an allowance of up to $1,500.
Practicum exchanges will be open to ECTs who are studying:
- certificate III
- initial teacher education course.
Postgraduate courses are not eligible.
Keep up to date
To receive information and updates on this measure: