Additional Child Care Subsidy (ACCS) transition to work helps families with the cost of child care while they are transitioning to work from income support by engaging in work, study or training activities.
On this page:
The transition to work subsidy is for individuals who:
- are eligible for Child Care Subsidy (CCS)
- have a family income under $72,466
- get an eligible income support payment
- have an active Job Plan or Participation Plan (if required), and
- are engaged in a recognised work, study or training activity.
The number of hours of subsided care a family will be entitled to depends on their activity level.
If the individual has a partner, the activity test result is determined by the person doing the least amount of activity.
They’ll get the lower of either:
- 95% of the fee charged where it is equal to or below the hourly rate cap
- up to 95% of the hourly rate cap where the fee charged is above the hourly rate cap.
The subsidy is paid directly to approved providers.
The length of time a family can get the transition to work subsidy depends on whether they are studying, looking for a job, working or training.
Services Australia has more information about time limits.
Families must tell Services Australia if their circumstances change.
How to apply
Families can apply through their Centrelink online account or by visiting a Centrelink office.
Families will need supporting documents when applying.
Families can find more information on the Services Australia website.