A. Contacts and useful links

On this page:

Department of Education

Website: Department of Education

Phone: 1800 020 108

Email: HEenquiries@education.gov.au

Postal address:

Higher Education Division
Funding, Integrity and Students Branch
Department of Education
GPO Box 9839
Canberra ACT 2601

Enquiries regarding the administration of HELP, including notifications to the Assistant Secretary and orders for student information products, may be submitted to the HEenquiries@education.gov.au mailbox or the postal address listed above.

Enquiries regarding CGS, HECS-HELP, FEE-HELP and OS-HELP policy, and loading may be directed to the CGS@education.gov.au and HELP.Policy@education.gov.au mailboxes.

Questions or concerns about the SA-HELP policy and student services and amenities fee may be directed to the SSAF@education.gov.au mailbox.

Questions or concerns about FEE-HELP at non-Table A Universities and private providers may be directed to FEE-HELP@education.gov.au

Enquiries regarding Unipay and HELP advance payments and estimates for Table A and Table B providers may be directed to FEP@education.gov.au.

Enquiries regarding research students or RTP scholarships may be directed to rbgrants@education.gov.au.

Enquiries about the Regional University Centres program and the Tertiary Access Payment can be directed to regional@education.gov.au

Information products are available for download from the Study Assist website.

Students may be directed to the student enquiries contact form on the Study Assist website. Alternatively, students may phone the enquiry line on 1800 020 108.

Australian Taxation Office

Website: Australian Taxation Office

Phone: 13 28 61

Queries on ‘HELP debts, compulsory and voluntary repayments and indexation may be directed to the phone line listed above.

Commonwealth Ombudsman

Website: Commonwealth Ombudsman 

Phone: 1300 362 072

The Commonwealth Ombudsman has offices in all Australian capital cities. Refer to the website above for further information.

Department of Home Affairs

Website: Department of Home Affairs

Phone: 13 18 81

The Privacy Act 1988 prevents the Department of Home Affairs from providing information about the visa status of individuals to the provider for the purpose of determining HELP eligibility without the applicant’s consent. Requests for information from provider enrolment officers should be in writing and accompanied by a signed authorisation from the applicant and details such as the applicant’s full name, date of birth and current visa and passport numbers.

Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT)

Website:Administrative Appeals Tribunal

Phone 1800 228 333

Useful Links


Higher Education Support Act 2003 and amendments

Other legislation


Ministerial determinations

The following Ministerial determinations are available on the department’s website at the Higher Education Support Act 2003 and Guidelines page:

  • Ministerial determination under HESA subsection 36-15(2)
  • Ministerial determination under HESA Schedule 1 – definition of enabling course

Determinations made for components of Tuition Protection levies are available at the links below:

The Ministerial determination specifying the visas in a class or subclass of visas that an eligible former permanent humanitarian visa holder may hold and still be eligible for HELP is available is available at legislation.gov.au