The Government regularly conducts and commissions reviews, studies, consultations and evaluations that may impact on the research block grants (RBG) in order to ensure that funding is allocated in a fair and transparent way, and that the policy intent of the program is being met.
On this page:
Reviews, studies and evaluations are conducted in consultation with representatives from the higher education sector and key stakeholders.
Key documents can be found below:
- 2021 Growing industry internships for research PhD students through the Research Training Program implementation paper
- 2021 Consultation Paper: Changes to the Higher Education Research Data Collection (HERDC) cycle
- 2018 Consultation Paper: Effect of new accounting standards on the reporting of research income data
- 2017 Research Training Implementation Plan (RTIP)
- 2017 Consultation Paper: Reporting requirements for Research Block Grants for universities