The National Research Infrastructure Advisory Group has been established to provide the Australian Government with independent and long-term strategic advice on national research infrastructure (NRI).
On this page:
Establishing an Advisory Group was a key recommendation of the 2021 NRI Roadmap.
The Advisory Group will advise on priorities, trends and investment opportunities to ensure that researchers have access to cutting edge NRI. The Group’s role is critical in supporting a modern NRI ecosystem that is flexible, relevant and responsive to emerging research needs and challenges.
The NRI Advisory Group members are:
- Professor Liz Sonenberg (Chair)
- Dr Leanna Read
- Ms Lauren Stafford
- Emeritus Professor Joseph Shapter
- Professor Calum Drummond AO
- Ms Suzanne Toumbourou
- Professor Stephen van Leeuwen
- Professor Mark Western.
The ex-officio members are:
- Mr Dom English (First Assistant Secretary, Research, Department of Education)
- Ms Helen Wilson (Deputy Secretary, Science and Technology Group, Department of Industry, Science and Resources)
- Dr Cathy Foley AO PSM (Australia's Chief Scientist)
- Ms Judi Zielke PSM (Australian Research Council)
- Dr Michelle Heupel (current NCRIS Directors' Group Chair)