The department is a member of the Multi-Agency Data Integration Project and is undertaking a range of research projects using integrated data, cross-portfolio and academic collaboration to improve the well-being of Australians. A number of these projects were funded by the Data Integration Partnership for Australia
Completed projects include:
- Benefits of Educational Attainment
- Better understanding student journeys
- Transitions from Education to Work – Completing Higher Education
- Transitions from Education to Work – Graduate Apprenticeship Outcomes
- Education and child care workforce
Projects currently underway
The team is currently leading two research projects:
- Measuring the social return on investment from education and training. The project aims to develop estimates of average social return on investment from tertiary education (apprentices and university graduates) to better understand the distributional impacts of tertiary education.
- The first five years: What makes a difference? Identifying policy levers across early childhood education, health and welfare for improving children’s start to life. The project aims to understand the effects of health and socio-economic factors that drive developmental vulnerability in children starting school and identify particular interventions or protective factors that can improve these outcomes.