The Integrated Data Analytics research unit looks into complex issues that affects Australians throughout their lives. This research then helps inform policies and programs to improve our well-being as Australians.
Integrated Data Research
As a member of the Multi-Agency Data Integration Project the department undertakes research projects to improve the well-being of Australians using:
- Integrated data
- Cross-portfolio engagement
- Academic collaborations
A number of these projects were funded by the Data Integration Partnership for Australia.
- Benefits of Educational Attainment
- Better understanding student journeys
- Transitions from Education to Work – Completing Higher Education
- Transitions from Education to Work – Graduate Apprenticeship Outcomes
- Transitions from Education to Work - The value of completing a bachelor degree
- Education and child care workforce
The team is currently leading 2 research projects:
Measuring the social return on investment from education and training.
- Develops estimates of average social return on investment from tertiary education (apprentices and university graduates)
- Helps better understand the distributional impacts of tertiary education
The first 5 years: What makes a difference?
- Identify policy levers across early childhood education, health and welfare for improving children’s start to life
- Aims to understand the effects of health and socio-economic factors that drive developmental vulnerability in children starting school
- Identifies particular interventions or protective factors that can improve these outcomes