Research on schools helps plan a better future for schools across Australia by reviewing and informing policy. Here you can find publicly available research reports.
School research reports
You can read school research reports that have helped to shape the future of Australian Education.
These reports include:
- Longitudinal Surveys of Australian Youth
A research program that follows young Australians as they move from secondary school to adulthood over a 10 year period.
- National Youth Affairs Research Scheme
A national cooperative funding program which ran between 1985 and 2016.
Deloitte Access Economics Reports on Schooling Quality
These reports assess various aspects of schooling quality.
- The economic impact of improving schooling quality
- School quality in Australia: Exploring the drivers of student outcomes and the links to practice and schooling quality
- Unpacking drivers of learning outcomes of students from different backgrounds
The Centre for Adolescent Health, Murdoch Children's Research Institute reports
These reports follow the experiences of year 3 to 7 students.
- Student Wellbeing, Engagement and Learning across the Middle Years
- The Effects on Schooling Outcomes of Early Developmental Vulnerabilities in Children
Go to Longitudinal Surveys of Australian Youth
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get access to National Youth Affairs Research Scheme publications prior to 2003.