Based on the consultations and submissions and its analysis of the issues, the Regional Education Expert Advisory Group developed six Issues papers outlining possible further actions to address the challenges facing tertiary education in RRR areas:
- Preparing RRR learners for success in tertiary education
- Improving access, opportunity and choice in tertiary education for RRR learners
- Retention and attainment of RRR learners in tertiary education
- Enhancing and enabling RRR communities
- RRR learners from identified equity groups
- RRR education strategy targets, implementation and monitoring
The Regional Education Expert Advisory Group invited and considered feedback from interested parties on the possible further actions in these Issues Papers.
A paper containing information on current existing initiatives relevant to the development of the National Regional, Rural and Remote Tertiary Education Strategy was also made available.