The National Priorities Pool Program (NPPP) provides funding to higher education providers to conduct research projects and trial initiatives to inform equity policy and practices.
On this page:
Previously, the NPPP was a component of the Higher Education Participation and Partnerships Program (HEPPP) known as the National Priorities Pool. Under the Indigenous, Regional and Low-SES Attainment Fund (IRLSAF), the NPPP is now a standalone program.
The objectives of the National Priorities Pool Program are to:
- inform future equity policy development and equity practice nationally and at an institutional level;
- help increase the number of persons from a low socio-economic status (SES) background, persons from regional areas and remote areas, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons who aspire to, access, participate in, remain in, and succeed in higher education; and
- help increase the number of persons from a low SES background, persons from regional areas and remote areas, and Indigenous persons who obtain higher education awards.
The legislative basis for the operation of the National Priorities Pool Program is the Higher Education Support Act 2003 (HESA) and the Higher Education Support (Other Grants) Guidelines 2022.
Seeking Expression of Interest (EOIs) for 2022 National Priorities Pool Program projects
The Australian Government is calling for Expressions of Interest from Table A Universities (including consortia) for Higher Education Priority Projects.
- Project 1: Stocktake, review and analysis of Pathway and Enabling Programs: To undertake a stocktake of pathway courses, including enabling programs at Table A universities to investigate different program types and outcomes, examine funding models and allocation, including the Enabling Loading Program and model future demand for enabling places.
- Project 2: Stocktake, review and analysis of Regional Loading: To conduct a stocktake of regional loading at institutions eligible to be funded through the Regional Loading Program to analyse how the program is meeting the needs of regional delivery.
Please read the Guide for Applicants for detailed information and requirements for these projects under the 2022 National Priorities Pool Program.
The optional information webinar has been cancelled.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions on the EOI round by 5:00pm AEST 4 May 2022. A compiled list of questions and answers will be circulated via email as part of an update to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
We will continue to receive questions on the scope of the projects until COB 24 May 2022, and questions on technical issues until the final submission deadline.
Intention to submit an EOI
Please email email@example.com before COB 29 April 2022 to register your intention to submit an EOI. In your email, please indicate the name of the Administering Organisation and the priority project for which you intend to submit an application.
Please note that the closing date for submission of EOIs has been extended.
To submit your EOI please complete the 2022 National Priorities Pool Program Expression of Interest (EOI) Form by 5:30pm AEST 27 May 2022.
The EOI form (online) includes three sections (Part A, Part B and Part C).
Submit Part A by responding to written questions in the online EOI form.
Part B and C
then upload to their respective questions in the EOI form.
Help and more information
FAQs will be made available via email. Check with your research office to obtain a copy.
For other Qquestions on the scope of the projects must be lodged prior to 5:00pm AEST 24 May 2022. For , more information or technical help to complete the submission form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:30pm AEST 27 May 2022.
Projects funding through the National Priorities Pool Program can be found on the following pages:
Previous funded projects
For projects funded through the National Priorities Pool in previous years see Higher Education Participation and Partnerships Program (HEPPP).