The Strategic University Reform Fund (SURF) supports universities to undertake novel reform in areas of Government priority, and develop targeted and innovative solutions focused on local communities.
How SURF projects support universities
SURF supports universities by:
- Creating strong links between higher education institutions and business and industry
- Enhancing collaboration between universities and local employers
- Improving commercialisation of applied research
- Enabling Government to work with the sector to respond to local priorities.
Ten successful projects under SURF
On 10 June 2021, the Hon Alan Tudge MP, then Minister for Education and Youth, approved 10 projects:
- University of Wollongong – The Telstra-UOW Hub for AIOT Solutions
- University of Southern Queensland – New Options for Waste And Saving The Environment (NO WASTE) Precinct
- University of Queensland – UQ Agrifood Innovation Centre
- Charles Darwin University – Northern Australia Food Technology Innovation
- University of Technology, Sydney – SME@UTS
- Southern Cross University – ReCirculator
- Charles Darwin University – Renewable Energy Microgrid Hub for Applied Research
- La Trobe University – Regional Advanced Manufacturing 4.0 Hub
- James Cook University – Northern Australian Digital Health Platform
- Deakin University – Hycel Technology Hub.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org