Key areas seeking feedback
The Expert Panel for the Review is seeking feedback from educators, principals, parents and carers on the five areas in the Panel’s Terms of Reference.
The five areas focus on how the next agreement can:
- drive improvements in student outcomes, with a focus on students who are at risk of falling behind
- contribute to improving student mental health and wellbeing, by addressing in-school factors while acknowledging the impact of non-school factors on wellbeing
- support schools to attract and retain teachers
- maximise the use of data to inform decision-making and boost student outcomes
- ensure public funding is delivering on national agreements and that all school authorities are transparent and accountable to the community for how funding is invested and measuring the impacts of this investment.
How to make a submission
Stakeholders can respond to the Consultation Paper by making a formal submission to the Review either independently or on behalf of an organisation. Responses to the issues raised in the Consultation Paper or other feedback informed by your professional background is welcome.
The Expert Panel will deliver their Final Report to all Education Ministers by 31 October 2023. The recommendations of the Expert Panel will inform negotiations for the next National School Reform Agreement to drive improvements for all students, especially those in need of additional support.
Make a submission and find out more on the department’s website.
Read Minister Clare’s media release.
Submissions are open until 11:59pm (AEST) on 2 August 2023.