Youth Advisory Groups work with the Australian Government on the development of policies or programs that matter to young people.
The 2024 Youth Advisory Groups are:
- Creative Industries Youth Advisory Group working with the Office for the Arts
- Civic Engagement Youth Advisory Group working with the Department of Home Affairs
- Prevention of Gender-Based Violence Youth Advisory Group working with the Department of Social Services
- Employment Youth Advisory Group working with the Department of Employment and Workplace Relations
- First Nations Education Youth Advisory Group working with the Department of Education and the National Indigenous Australians Agency.
Each advisory group will consist of around 8 young people aged 16 to 25. No experience is necessary before applying. We’re looking for a diverse group of enthusiastic young people from across the country.
Applications are open from 30 October to 19 November 2023. The first meeting will take place in Canberra in March 2024.
Read about what the inaugural Youth Advisory Group members achieved in 2023 on the Office for Youth website.
Learn more and apply on Youth.gov.au
The Application period has been extended until 26 November.