During the revision of the Higher Education Standards Framework, the Higher Education Standards Panel issued Communiqués to the Higher Education sector periodically to keep stakeholders informed about the Panel's work and the Panel's progress with the review of the Standards.
On this page:
Communiqués issued are linked below, the most recent first.
- Communiqué 15 - Final Communique from the Inaugural Panel and Summary of progress during 2014 - 12 December 2014
- Communiqué 14 - Final Proposed Higher Education Standards Framework - 12 December 2014
- Communiqué 13 - OLT/Higher Education Standards Panel Research Fellowship - October 2014
- Communiqué 12 - Feedback on Call for Comment Number 3 - August 2014
- Communiqué 11 - Report on HESP Information Session on 14 May 2014 - June 2014
- Communiqué 10 - Summary of progress during 2013 - December 2013
- Communiqué 9 - Feedback on Call for Comment Number 2 - September 2013
- Communiqué 8 - HES Reference Points and update on Organising Framework - May 2013
- Communiqué 7 - Technical Amendments to the HE Standards Framework - March 2013
- Communiqué 6 - Summary of progress during 2012 - December 2012
- Communiqué 5 – Decision criteria and standards development process - November 2012
- Communiqué 4 – Organising framework for Higher Education Standards - November 2012
- Communiqué 3 – Feedback on Teaching and Learning discussion paper - September 2012
- Communiqué 2 – Issues to date, approaches, initial priorities - August 2012
- Communiqué 1 – Introduction to the Higher Education Standards Panel and its operation - June 2012
Documents for Comment
The Higher Education Standards Panel made three calls for comments to the sector to seek feedback on issues relating to the Higher Education Standards Framework. Details of each call for comments are provided below.
Call for Comment Number Three (April 2014)
Proposed Higher Education Standards Framework
In April 2014, the Higher Education Standards Panel invited feedback on the complete proposed revised standards Framework (except in relation to Provider Category Standards) which incorporated all of the feedback from previous consultations. The Panel received 87 submissions in response to the Call for Comment three.
Call for Comment Number Two (May 2013)
Call for comment number two regarding revised standards was released in May 2013 and focused on specific standards for research and research training (including learning outcomes) which were nominated as part of the group of Non-Threshold Standards in the existing Framework. The Panel received 71 submissions in response to the call for comment two.
The Panel released a response to the feedback on the second Call for Comment in Communique 9.
- HES Call for Comment Number 2 & Discussion Paper - May 2013
- HES Draft Standards for Research - May 2013
- HES Draft Standards for Research Training - May 2013
- HES Draft Standards for Learning Outcomes (Research Training) - May 2013
Call for Comment Number One (March 2013)
Draft Standards for Course Design and Learning Outcomes
Call for comment number one was released in March 2013 and focused on the proposed structure and style of proposed revised standards including the use of reference points, using draft standards on course design and learning outcomes to test the Panel's approach. The Panel received 72 submissions in response to the call for comment one.
The Panel released an initial response to the feedback on the first call for comment in Communique 8.
- HES Call for Comment Number 1 & Discussion Paper - March 2013
- HES Draft Standards for Course Design (Coursework) - March 2013
- HES Draft Standards for Learning Outcomes (Coursework) - March 2013
Please note: The Panel is an advisory body to the Minister and the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). It does not regulate the Higher Education sector. Please continue to liaise with the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) in relation to TEQSA's interpretation and application of the current Standards for regulatory purposes.