The Council for International Education oversees Australia's role in international education and training.
The Council for International Education was established in 2016 to set the direction for Australia's role in international education and training. The Council supports the implementation of the Australian Strategy for International Education 2021-2030.
Find out more about the Australian Strategy for International Education 2021-2030.
The Council provides an annual progress report to the Prime Minister:
Council membership consists of:
- Experienced international education experts and practitioners
- Australian Government Ministers with portfolio responsibilities in international education
- The Hon Jason Clare MP, Minister for Education (Chair), and other Ministerial members.
- Julian Hill MP, Member for Bruce (Co-Convener)
- The Hon Phil Honeywood – CEO, International Education Association of Australia (Co-Convener)
- Professor Helen Bartlett – Vice Chancellor and President, University of the Sunshine Coast
- Professor Linda Kristjanson AO
- Professor Michael Wesley – Deputy Vice-Chancellor (International), The University of Melbourne
- Malcolm Baigent – Executive General Manager, University Partnerships Australasia, Navitas
- Janelle Chapman – Executive Director, Australia Pacific Training Coalition (APTC)
- Kathleen Newcombe - CEO, Sarina Russo Group of Companies
- Derek Scott – Principal and CEO, Haileybury
- Tomas Johnsson - CEO, UniLodge
- Oscar Zi Shao Ong, President, Council of International Students Australia
- Mel Koumides - CEO, Academia International Institute