Resources to support the implementation of the Education Standards
The following fact sheets can help students, parents, and schools to understand the Education Standards and ensure that students with disability can access and participate in school education on the same basis as other students:
- Fact sheet 1: Disability Discrimination Act 1992
- Fact sheet 2: Disability Standards for Education 2005
- Fact sheet 3: Parental engagement
- Fact sheet 4: Effective consultation
- Fact sheet 5: Complaints processes.
These Guidance notes also provide additional material to help education providers interpret and comply with the Education Standards.
There are also online-learning modules about the Education Standards on the web portal for the Nationally Consistent Collection on School Students with Disability (NCCD) for:
- Individuals, families and communities
- Education assistants
- Pre-service teachers
- Education leaders
- Early childhood (prior to school)
- Early childhood (school)
- Primary schools
- Junior secondary
- Senior secondary.
Exemplars of practice
These Exemplars of Practice help demonstrate how the Education Standards can be used to support better learning outcomes and educational experiences for students.