HERP provides annual funding for six not-for-profit research promotion organisations listed below.
The four learned academies:
- Australian Academy of Science (AAS)
- Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering (ATSE)
- Australian Academy of the Humanities (AAH)
- Australian Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia (ASSA)
- Australian Council of Learned Academies (ACOLA)
- Australian and New Zealand Association for the Advancement of Science (ANZAAS)
The learned academies, supported by the Australian Council of Learned Academies, are important national assets which provide a unique and valuable contribution to the pursuit of excellence in Australia’s innovation system and in the provision of advice to government on issues of national and international significance. They play a distinctive role in promoting and fostering research and scholarship in all disciplines.
The Australian and New Zealand Association for the Advancement of Science aims to promote communication and interaction between scientists in different disciplines, to foster public interest in science and technology.
For further information on the learned academies, ACOLA and ANZAAS please visit their website.