Applications are now open for young people aged 12 to 25 to join the Australian Government’s Youth Steering Committee.
The Youth Steering Committee will be a place for young people to:
- shape the way the government works with young Australians
- provide advice and feedback directly to government
- put the issues that matter most to them on the table.
Establishing the committee is the next step in the Government’s commitment to directly and formally engage with young people in Australia.
The committee will also support the establishment of an Office for Youth. This will be a dedicated unit within government that will:
- listen to young people and their advocates
- improve and harmonise policy across government
- develop a strategy to meaningfully engage with young people.
Fifteen members who reflect the diversity of young people across Australia will be selected to join the committee.
The Australian Youth Affairs Coalition (AYAC) is supporting the committee.
Applications are open now and will close on 5 October 2022. Applicants will be advised of outcomes in October 2022.
Apply now at ayac.org.au.
Organisations that engage with young people can help spread the word. Find prewritten content and images to share across your channels.