The Vocational Education and Training Advisory Board (the Board) is an advisory body, appointed by the Commonwealth Minister for Vocational Education and Skills (the Minister), to provide advice to the Minister on the development and implementation of high quality and industry-focused vocational education and training (VET).
The Board comprises five individuals from a range of industries who have an understanding of issues relating to training within their sector. Each member brings a differing perspective based on their own expertise.
The current members of the Board are as follows:
- John Hart (Chair) – Chief Executive, Restaurant and Catering Australia, member of the Prime Minister’s Business Advisory Council
- Tara Diamond – Executive Director, Industry Services, Australian Mines and Metals Association, member of the Australian Industry and Skills Committee
- Dominique Fisher – Executive Chairman and Managing Director, CareerLounge
- Paul Edginton – Chief Executive Officer, SYC
- Patrick Janes – small business owner and 2013 Australian Apprentice of the Year.