Complain about a VET debt issue, your provider or quality of training

You can complain about the provider of your VET FEE-HELP or VET student loans. You can also complain about the quality of your training.

The way your complaint is managed depends on who you study with and the type of complaint you have.

You must try to resolve your issues with your education provider first. They have policies and procedures for complaints that you must follow.

If you are unhappy with your provider’s decision: external review

You can have your complaint reviewed by an external body.

Ask your provider who you need to contact for an external review.

If you’re still unhappy after the external review

If you believe your provider is treating you unfairly you can complain about your training provider.

If you have a debt you shouldn’t have

You can complain to the VET Student Loans Ombudsman.

Complain about the quality of your training

If you’re not happy with the quality of your course, you can complain about your training provider.

If you go to TAFE or another public provider

If you are studying with a government-run training provider, including TAFEs, contact your state or territory ombudsman.

You can find out if your provider is public by looking them up in a Registered Training Organisation search.

If you’re still not sure ask your provider.

If your provider is registered in Victoria or Western Australia

You can complain to the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority or the WA Training Accreditation Council.

Updated 25 June 2018


  • Share this on Facebook
  • Share this on LinkedIn
  • Share this on Twitter
Back to top