Get help to pay your services and amenities fee: SA-HELP

You can get a loan of up to $298 to help cover your education provider’s student services and amenities fee.

This type of support is called a SA-HELP loan.

If you get this loan, the amount will be added to your HELP debt.

What the services and amenities fee is

Your education provider can charge a student services and amenities fee for the services they give that aren’t directly related to studying. This can include:

  • sport and recreational activities
  • job and career advice
  • child care
  • financial advice
  • food services
  • medical services.

If you study online

Depending on your education provider, you might still have to pay this fee.

How to apply

To get financial help with your services and amenities fee, speak to your education provider.

They will tell you how to apply.

You will need to fill in a form to request a HELP loan.

You must submit the form to your education provider.

If you change your course or education provider, you will need to reapply.

If you are enrolled at two different education providers, you will need to apply for both.

Updated 25 June 2018


  • Share this on Facebook
  • Share this on LinkedIn
  • Share this on Twitter
Back to top