Complain about a HELP debt, provider or quality of training

If you have a problem with your education provider, you must go to them first.

They have policies and procedures for formal complaints that you must follow.

If you don't agree with your provider's response you must ask them for an internal review. You must do this within 28 days of their initial decision.

If you don't agree with your provider’s decision: external review

You can have your complaint reviewed by an external body.

Ask your provider what you need to do.

If you’re still unhappy after the external review

If you are studying with a public university, contact your state or territory ombudsman.

If you are studying with a private university or higher education provider contact the ACCC.

Ask your provider if you’re not sure if they’re public or private.

Complain about the quality of your training

If you’re not happy with the quality of your course, you can complain about your higher education provider.

You must have been through internal and external reviews before making a complaint.

Updated 25 June 2018


  • Share this on Facebook
  • Share this on LinkedIn
  • Share this on Twitter
Back to top