You agree to and abide by this Acceptable Use Policy when contributing your views to an Australian Government Online Collaborative Space.
The department's Online Collaborative Spaces include, but are not limited to, use of social media, online discussion boards and forums, posts on department webpages, blogs and other forms of online interactive spaces.
In making your contribution to any department Online Collaborative Space, you agree you will not take any of the following actions:
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity. Making false, misleading or deceptive representations that you are another person or character can amount to a criminal offence and give rise to civil liability.
- Abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others.
- Post, upload, email, distribute or disseminate (collectively, ‘transmit’) any misleading, deceptive, false, defamatory or libelous content.
- Transmit insulting, threatening or provocative language, or language that is hateful towards a certain group of people.
- Transmit content to incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristics.
- Transmit inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene or indecent content.
- Conduct any illegal activity or solicit the performance of any illegal activity.
- Contribute any text or other material that infringes the intellectual property rights of others.
- Include internet addresses or links to websites, or any email addresses in your posts to Facebook
- Make unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organisations.
- Include images in your contribution.
- Spam your contribution to a department Online Collaborative Space by sending multiple copies or versions of it.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services for any commercial purpose unless you have our written consent to do so.
- Transmit off-topic or irrelevant contributions not in keeping with current topics or themes.
In addition, in making your contribution to a department Online Collaborative Space, you agree that you will not use a department Online Collaborative Space to:
- Transmit personal website addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers or any other personally identifiable information.
- Collect or store personal information of any other person or group.
The department reserves the right to: