The Australian Government believes that we should strive for a high-quality school system that assists all Australian children to reach their full potential, so they can fully participate in the economic and social life of the community.
The Australian Government works with states and territories to support students with disability and learning difficulties in a number of ways, including:
- Disability Standards for Education 2005
- Positive Partnerships
- Understanding Learning Difficulties: A Practical Guide
- Planning for Personalised Learning and Support: A National Resource
- Case studies on supporting students with disability
- Nationally Consistent Collection of Data on School Students with Disability