These reports include the:
- OECD Teaching and Learning International Survey
- Staff in Australia's Schools survey
- National Teaching Workforce Dataset.
The OECD Teaching and Learning International Survey
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Teaching and Learning International Survey(TALIS) 2013 (the second TALIS) focuses on the learning environment and working conditions of teachers in schools. It aims to fill information gaps in the international comparisons of education systems. The 2013 survey's main sample involved lower secondary teachers (Years 7–10) and principals from 34 participating countries, and included about 2000 teachers and 120 schools from Australia.
The TALIS reports are available at:
- TALIS 2013 international report
- TALIS 2013 Australian report
- TALIS 2008 international report
- TALIS 2008 Australian report.
Staff in Australia's Schools
The Australian Council for Educational Research conducted the Staff in Australia's Schools (SiAS) survey of teachers and school leaders in 2013. Data was collected on various topics, including initial teacher education, employment status, job satisfaction, career paths and intentions, principal authority and teacher appraisal.
There are two reports on the SiAS:
- a main report that breaks down findings by primary and secondary teachers and leaders across all of the areas of the survey; and
- a supplementary report that analyses the results for selected primary and secondary curriculum areas.
- The 2013 survey also provides comparative and updated data following surveys done in
2006-07 and 2010.
The SiAS reports are available at:
- SiAS 2013 main report
- SiAS 2013 profiles of teachers in selected curriculum areas report
- SiAS 2010 main report
- SiAS 2010 supplementary report
- SiAS 2007 main report.
The National Teaching Workforce Dataset
The inaugural National Teacher Workforce Dataset was compiled by Ernst & Young using data supplied by teacher employers and registration bodies. The dataset comprises mostly teacher-level data on about 440,000 individual teachers, including teacher demographics, qualifications, registration status, and current employment. It also includes some data items from the SiAS survey, where data was unavailable from other sources.
The National Teaching Workforce Dataset reports are available at: