The department regularly conducts reviews and evaluations related to the research block grants (RBG) in order to ensure that funding is allocated in a fair and transparent way, and that the policy intent of the program is being met.
On this page:
Reviews and evaluations are conducted in consultation with representatives from the higher education sector and key stakeholders.
Completed Reviews and Evaluations
- Review of Research Policy and Funding Arrangements - Report November 2015
- Consultation Paper: Treatment of Partner Income under HERDC Category 1
- 2013 Review of Online Research Publications
- 2011 Review of Industry and Other Income (Category 3), and Joint Research Engagement (JRE) scheme
- 2010 Commercialisation Training Scheme (CTS) Evaluation
- 2010 Review of the Australian Competitive Grants Register (ACGR)
- 2010 Review of Other Public Sector Research Income (Category 2)
- 2010 International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) Program Evaluation
- 2009 Review of the Higher Education Research Data Collection (HERDC)
For more information, email RBGrants@dese.gov.au with the relevant review or evaluation title as the subject line.