The hotline provides information on:
- adult reading, writing and numeracy classes held locally across Australia or via correspondence
- becoming a literacy volunteer
- adult language, literacy and numeracy teaching and learning resources
- Commonwealth-funded programs for Centrelink clients
- Commonwealth-funded English as a second language programs for migrants
- literacy and numeracy in the workplace for employers.
Further information is available at the Reading Writing Hotline website or phone 1300 6 555 06.
Reading Writing Hotline evaluation
An independent evaluation of the hotline was completed in 2012 to assess its effectiveness. The Evaluation of the Reading Writing Hotline Final report identifies a number of areas for improvement, including funding, advertising and stakeholder engagement.
The evaluation has made recommendations about the hotline’s future, drawing on performance data as well as from the experiences of individuals, employers, registered training organisations, state departments of education and training, language, literacy and numeracy specialist trainers and peak bodies.