The fact sheets below detail the Quality Schools package, including how the changes came into effect and what it means for schools.
In addition, some frequently asked questions, with simple and short responses are available.
Quality Schools and national reforms
- What is the Quality Schools package and what does it mean for my school?
- Why did the Australian Government introduce the Quality Schools funding arrangements?
- How is the Australian Government linking funding to the quality of Australia's schools?
- What is the National School Reform Agreement?
- How much Australian Government funding is provided to schools in each state and territory?
- How is the Australian Government supporting reform efforts in Catholic and Independent schools?
How does school funding work?
- How are schools funded in Australia?
- What is the Schooling Resource Standard and how does it work?
- What is the Australian Government doing to support students with disability in schools?
- What is the Australian Government doing to support students in regional and remote schools?
- What is the Australian Government doing to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in schools?
- How and when will schools move to the Quality Schools funding arrangements?
- What is the Direct Measure of Income?
- What is the methodology for the Direct Measure of Income?
- What is the capacity to contribute review process?
- What is the Choice and Affordability fund?
- What additional support will be provided to the Northern Territory?
- What is a new school?