Since 2007–08, the Government has provided more than $63 million to support school students with autism through the Positive Partnerships program, which provides:
- professional development for teachers, principals, and other school staff to build their understanding, skills, and expertise in working with children and young people on the autism spectrum
- workshops and information sessions for parents and carers of school-age children and young people on the autism spectrum
- a dedicated website with online learning modules and other resources, including:
- resources, in different languages, for parents and carers from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- resources developed in consultation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
The Positive Partnerships program is being implemented by Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect).