This page is regularly updated. Information was last updated on Saturday 22 February 2020.
For health advice please visit the Department of Health website.
For information on travel restrictions please visit the Department of Home Affairs website.
Novel coronavirus (also called 2019-nCoV) is a new strain of coronavirus affecting humans. The Australian Government Department of Health is working across agencies and with states and territories to implement measures to manage the risk of novel coronavirus.
Minister Dan Tehan’s Video message
Our Government is supporting international students impacted by coronavirus and doing all we can to reduce the impact on your education pic.twitter.com/8HG78nXGK2— Dan Tehan (@DanTehanWannon) February 11, 2020
Factsheets for schools and early childhood education and care services, parents, students and universities are available below:
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for schools and early childhood education and care services, students and parents
- Coronavirus (COVID-10) information for universities and vocational education facilities,students and staff
These resources are also available in Simplified Chinese.
Further information can be found on the Australian Government Department of Health website.
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment has also developed fact sheets providing advice:
- Advice for Year 11 & 12 students seeking to travel to Australia from mainland China
- Information Education Authorities and Designated State Authorities (DSAs) on exemption to COVID-19 travel restrictions for Years 11 and 12 International Students
- Information for schools on exemption to travel restrictions for Years 11 and 12 International Students
- Advice for international students travelling to Australia from mainland China
- Advice for international students travelling to Australia from mainland China (给从中国大陆前往澳大利亚的国际学生的建议)
- Support for international students affected by coronavirus
- Support for international students affected by coronavirus (为受到新型冠状病毒(2019-nCoV)影响的国际学生提 供的支持)
- Novel coronavirus FAQs for international students
- Novel coronavirus FAQs for international students (冠状病毒病(2019-nCoV)常见问题解答)
- Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) regulatory information for universities VET, ELICOS and higher education providers
- Delivery of online education to students based in China
A list of the number of student visa holders who may be affected by the travel restrictions or home isolation requirements due to the novel coronavirus is available on the International Education website.