Minister for Education and Training, Senator the Hon Simon Birmingham has released the Higher Education Standards Panel’s Final report: Improving retention, completion and success in higher education.
The report makes 18 recommendations for Australia’s higher education community to help ensure students have the best chance of successfully completing their studies and transitioning into the workforce. The recommendations are made under the broad headings of:
- Expectations of completion in the current context
- Supporting students to make the right choices
- Supporting students to complete their studies
- Sharing best practice
- Clarity of definitions and enhancing transparency
- Accountability and regulation
Minister Birmingham has thanked the Panel for its work and agreed to all 18 recommendations. He has asked Universities Australia and the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency to work with the department in developing an implementation plan for the recommendations. Response Document.