The results of the survey present a positive snapshot of the experiences of international students who have chosen to study in Australia.
Presently Australia is the fifth most popular international study destination behind the USA, UK, Germany and France. The top reasons for choosing Australia, identified as important or very important by over 90% of higher education student respondents, were:
- reputation of chosen qualification (95%)
- reputation of chosen institution (94%)
- reputation of Australia’s education system (93%)
- personal safety (92%); and
- quality of research and teaching at chosen institution (91%).
Findings from the survey will provide a useful updated evidence base for consultations and discussions following the release of the Draft Strategy for International Education and the Austrade 2025 Market Development Plan.