Child Care Provider Handbook
The Child Care Provider Handbook is a guide to the requirements and responsibilities of child care providers and services that are approved under Family Assistance Law.
Guide to ACCS (child wellbeing)
The Guide to ACCS (child wellbeing) contains information for child care providers and services involved in the administration of ACCS (child wellbeing).
Frequently asked questions
The FAQs page covers a range of topics on the new child care package.
Child Care Subsidy balancing – what you need to know
The Child Care Subsidy balancing (also known as reconciliation) process for the 2018-19 financial year begins on 29 July 2019.
Previous email newsletters
You can access previous email newsletters to find information on important topics. The Department sends regular email newsletters which cover important child care related information to providers and services.
If you would like to receive these newsletters please subscribe here.
- Child Care Subsidy Eligibility
- Child Care Subsidy Entitlement
- Child Care Subsidy rates
- Child Care Subsidy rates from 1 July 2019
- Child Care Subsidy Activity Test
- Child Care Subsidy Activity Test - Exemptions
- Child Care Subsidy Activity Test - Additional information
- Activity Test - Preschool Exemption
- Activity Test - How to provide irregular work hours
- Activity Test - Voluntary work and the Child Care Subsidy
- Child Care Subsidy – Change of Circumstance
- Child Care Subsidy - Withholding
- Absences from child care
- Payment to provider or parent?
- Additional Child Care Subsidy (ACCS)
- Additional Child Care Subsidy (child wellbeing)
- Additional Child Care Subsidy (grandparents)
- Additional Child Care Subsidy (temporary financial hardship)
- Additional Child Care Subsidy (transition to work)
- Evidence requirements to support an Additional Child Care Subsidy (child wellbeing) application
- Service approvals
- Additional information
Educational mini video series
A series of educational mini videos to help providers and services to understand their obligations under the Family Assistance Law.
Provider/Service Information Sessions
In March 2019, the Department held a Provider/Service webcast about Additional Child Care Subsidy (child wellbeing).
- ACCS (child wellbeing) webcast information session video: This session was held on Wednesday 27 March 2019.
- PowerPoint presentation slides from ACCS Webcast (child wellbeing) March 2019
Provider Entry Point task cards
- How to add Child Care Personnel in the PEP Task Card
- How to create Enrolments in the PEP Task Card
- How to create, view and update the FDC Register in PEP Task Card
- How to obtain Child Care Software activation codes Task Card
- How to register in PRODA Task Card
- How to submit a Determination in PEP ACCS (child wellbeing) Task Card
- How to submit a new certificate for ACCS (child wellbeing) in the PEP Task Card
- How to update Enrolments in the PEP Task Card
- How to update organisation details in Child Care Finder in PEP Task Card
- How to view and update organisation details in the PEP Task Card
- How to view Enrolment Status in the PEP Task Card
- How to view, add and update Session Reports in the PEP Task Card
- Viewing Entitlements and Payments
New business support tools and resources
Child care services can use these new business support tools and resources to review their operations, and to identify possible changes they may want to make in response to the greater flexibility under the new child care package.
The suite of business support resources includes key financial and business planning tools and resources that will be useful for all care types and service types.
Estimating Child Care Subsidy
Families can get an estimate of what they may be entitled to by entering their details into the Department of Human Services Payment and Service Finder.