Emergency and Natural Disaster Assistance
There is emergency and natural disaster assistance available to child care providers in various types of emergencies, like bushfires or floods.
Child Care Provider Handbook
The Child Care Provider Handbook is a guide to the requirements and responsibilities of child care providers and services that are approved under Family Assistance Law.
Guide to ACCS (child wellbeing)
The Guide to ACCS (child wellbeing) contains information for child care providers and services involved in the administration of ACCS (child wellbeing).
Online Enquiry Form
There is an Online Enquiry Form available for providers to submit queries through to the CCS Helpdesk. Please fill out all relevant information so that your query can be actioned as quickly as possible.
Frequently asked questions
The FAQs page covers a range of topics on the new child care package.
Child Care Subsidy balancing – what you need to know
The Child Care Subsidy balancing (also known as reconciliation) process for the 2018-19 financial year began on 29 July 2019.
Request to amend session reports for a previous financial year
In limited specified circumstances, where a provider needs to submit, vary or withdraw session reports for the previous financial, the provider will need to apply to the department.
There is also a Fact Sheet available that provides essential information on the department's policy and process regarding providers' applications to submit, vary or withdraw session reports for a previous financial year.
Previous email newsletters
You can access previous email newsletters to find information on important topics. The Department sends regular email newsletters which cover important child care related information to providers and services.
If you would like to receive these newsletters please subscribe.
- Child Care Subsidy Eligibility
- Child Care Subsidy Entitlement
- Child Care Subsidy rates from 1 July 2019
- Child Care Subsidy Activity Test
- Child Care Subsidy Activity Test - Exemptions
- Child Care Subsidy Activity Test - Additional information
- Activity Test - Preschool Exemption
- Activity Test - How to provide irregular work hours
- Activity Test - Voluntary work and the Child Care Subsidy
- Child Care Subsidy – Change of Circumstance
- Child Care Subsidy - Withholding
- Absences from child care
- Payment to provider or parent?
- Additional Child Care Subsidy (ACCS)
- Additional Child Care Subsidy (child wellbeing)
- Additional Child Care Subsidy (grandparents)
- Additional Child Care Subsidy (temporary financial hardship)
- Additional Child Care Subsidy (transition to work)
- Evidence requirements to support an Additional Child Care Subsidy (child wellbeing) application
- Service approvals
- Additional information
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for early childhood education and care providers and services - up to and including 5 April 2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for early childhood education and child providers and services on Child Care Safety Net Package Payments from 6 April 2020
- Assistance available for Emergencies and Natural Disasters
- What to do if you receive a section 158 notice
- Information for child care providers when a period of local emergency occurs
- CCS Helpdesk - Christmas and New Year 2019-20
Educational mini video series
A series of educational mini videos to help providers and services to understand their obligations under the Family Assistance Law.
Provider/Service Information Sessions
In March 2020, the Department of Education, Skills and Employment held a coronavirus (COVID-19) information session for early childhood education and care providers and services.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) information session video: This session was held on Thursday, 19 March 2020.
In July 2019, the Department of Education, Skills and Employment and Services Australia held a webcast for providers and services to explain Child Care Subsidy (CCS) balancing.
- Understanding CCS balancing webcast video: This session was held on Tuesday, 16 July 2019.
- PowerPoint presentation slides from the Understanding CCS Balancing webcast.
In March 2019, the Department held a Provider/Service webcast about Additional Child Care Subsidy (child wellbeing).
- ACCS (child wellbeing) webcast information session video: This session was held on Wednesday 27 March 2019.
- PowerPoint presentation slides from ACCS Webcast (child wellbeing) March 2019
Provider Entry Point task cards
- How to add Child Care Personnel in the PEP Task Card
- How to create Enrolments in the PEP Task Card
- How to create, view and update the FDC Register in PEP Task Card
- How to obtain Child Care Software activation codes Task Card
- How to register in PRODA Task Card
- How to submit a Determination in PEP ACCS (child wellbeing) Task Card
- How to submit a new certificate for ACCS (child wellbeing) in the PEP Task Card
- How to update Enrolments in the PEP Task Card
- How to update organisation details in Child Care Finder in PEP Task Card
- How to view and update organisation details in the PEP Task Card
- How to view Enrolment Status in the PEP Task Card
- How to view, add and update Session Reports in the PEP Task Card
- Viewing Entitlements and Payments
New business support tools and resources
Child care services can use these new business support tools and resources to review their operations, and to identify possible changes they may want to make in response to the greater flexibility under the new child care package.
The suite of business support resources includes key financial and business planning tools and resources that will be useful for all care types and service types.
Estimating Child Care Subsidy
Families can get an estimate of what they may be entitled to by entering their details into the Services Australia Payment and Service Finder.