The NQF applies to most long day care, family day care, preschool and kindergarten, and outside school hours care services and includes a:
- national legislative framework that creates a standard approach to the regulation and quality assessment of education and child care services
- National Quality Standard that sets a national benchmark for the quality of education and care services
- national quality rating and assessment process that rates services against the National Quality Standard.
State and territory regulatory authorities are responsible for administering the NQF.
The Australian Government will continue to support quality service delivery and drive continuous improvement by funding the Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA).
ACECQA is the national authority that supports state regulatory authorities in administering the NQF and promotes continuous improvement and national consistency in service quality. ACECQA will be fully funded by the Australian Government from 1 July 2018 for two years.
Early Years Learning Framework
The Early Years Learning Framework describes the principles, practices and outcomes that support and enhance young children's learning.
My Time, Our Place
The My Time, Our Place – Framework for School Age Care in Australia is about making care services for school aged children better.
If you would like more information on the NQF:
- visit the ACECQA website
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 1300 422 327
- contact your state or territory regulatory authority.
If you have a concern about a child care service, please contact your state or territory regulatory authority.