Study in Australia

If you would like to study in Australia, you should contact the education provider you want to study with.

Each provider and course will have their own entry requirements.

Who can apply

If you aren't an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you will need a visa to study in Australia.

You will need to show you have funds to support your study and overseas health cover.

English language requirements

You must show you can speak and write English.

Some providers may ask for English language test results.

You will also need to meet student visa English language requirements.

What and where you can study

Your course and provider must be on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students.

Continue with your higher education

You can get credit for undergraduate and postgraduate study you’ve done overseas.

To find out more contact your education provider.

How much it costs

How much you need to pay depends on the course you choose and who you study with.

To find out more contact your education provider.

If you already have a qualification or skills

You can get your overseas qualification or skills recognised in Australia.

Enrol your child in school

You must find a school for your child. You’ll need to contact the school you choose to enrol your child with.

Find a school

Find out more about studying in Australia

Updated 26 June 2018


  • Share this on Facebook
  • Share this on LinkedIn
  • Share this on Twitter
Back to top