Complain about your agent or provider: international students

You can complain about your education agent or provider if you think you’ve been treated unfairly.

You can also complain about the quality of your training.

You must go to your provider with your problem first. They have internal policies and procedures for handling complaints.

If you don’t agree with your provider’s decision: external review

You can have your complaint reviewed by an external body.

You must have been through an internal review before making a complaint.

If you are studying with a public university, contact your state or territory ombudsman.

Ask your provider if you’re not sure if they’re public or private.

If you have a private education provider

You can complain to the Overseas Student Ombudsman.

Read more about making a complaint: overseas students.

If you are from South Australia

If you use a private education provider registered in South Australia you can complain to the Office of the Training Advocate.

Updated 25 June 2018


  • Share this on Facebook
  • Share this on LinkedIn
  • Share this on Twitter
Back to top