- The Australian Blueprint for Career Development is a framework for designing, implementing and evaluating career development programmes. It identifies the skills, attitudes and knowledge individuals need to manage their careers. This website contains the downloadable Blueprint document, toolkits, case studies of the Blueprint in use, and the final report of the 2012 review of the Blueprint.
Supporting the quality of the career development profession
The Australian Government has implemented a range of measures to support improved quality of the career development profession, including:
- funding the Career Industry Council of Australia (CICA) to develop Professional Standards for Australian Career Development Practitioners
- funding the CICA to develop Guiding Principles for Career Development Services and Information Products, once you have accessed the page please scroll down to section F –Frameworks
Career Industry Bodies
- Career Industry Council of Australia (CICA), represents national, state and territory career practitioner organisations.
- Career Development Association of Australia (CDAA), a national organisation of career development professionals that delivers services to industry, government, education, small businesses and community organisations.
- National Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services (NAGCAS), Australia’s peak professional body for career development in the higher and tertiary education sectors.
- VETnetwork is a national network of teachers, trainers, career advisors, program coordinators, administrative and support personnel committed to vocational learning and helping young people to make positive post school transitions.
- International Centre for Career Development and Public Policy (ICCDPP) facilitates policy learning through the international exchange of knowledge and information concerning public policy and career development issues.
- International Association for Educational and Vocational Guidance