From 2 July 2018, there will be a New Child Care Package providing more support for families. This page provides targeted information for services accessing the Inclusion Support Programme (ISP) to assist smooth transition to the Child Care Subsidy System (CCSS). More information about steps for your service to take is available at How to Prepare for the New Child Care Package.
What happens to current Inclusion Development Fund (IDF) subsidy cases and when?
From 16 June 2018, approved IDF cases ending after 2 July 2018 will begin to be automatically copied by the Child Care Management System (CCMS) to the CCSS. Remaining cases will be copied on 23 June 2018.
IDF subsidy cases under the service’s Child Care Benefit (CCB) approval will begin to be copied and given an end date of 1 July 2018. Cases that are not copied due to a service not transitioning to CCS, or if CCMS does not have CCS Approval by 23 June 2018 will be end dated on 1 July 2018.
Services will not receive a notification of the new case and may need to discuss how to query a case with their software provider. From 25 June 2018 services should upgrade their software to the latest version. On 25 June 2018 services with cases that spanned beyond 1 July 2018 should query all their cases using their software. This will return all the cases that were copied and automatically set to Approved.
What can my service do to prepare for these changes?
There are a number of steps your service can take to ensure seamless transition to the new CCCS.
Follow the steps in the Checklist for Services Accessing the ISP.
- Check details on the Authorised Personnel tile on the Strategic Inclusion Plan (SIP) in the IS Portal as soon as possible, which will ensure system copied cases will be set to ‘Approved’.
- Check all Authorised Personnel have up to date first name, last name, email, and CRN (if FDC or IHC), to ensure that all details in the individual’s CCMS record match the details in the newly created CCSS record.
- Remove details of staff who no longer work at the service or do not have a PRODA account from the Authorised Personnel Tile.
Does my service still need AUSKey?
Yes. Services will require their AUSKey Authentication to continue to access the IS Portal.
My service plans to apply for IDF support for the June/July vacation care period. When should applications be submitted to the IDFM?
For the June/July 2018 school holiday period, vacation care services are encouraged to apply for IDF subsidy for Additional Educator by 25 May 2018 and Immediate/Time Limited Support by 8 June 2018.
My service’s IDF Subsidy case has been set to ‘Started’ – what do I need to do?
Your service will receive an email from the IDFM with instructions to follow to have the case re-set to ‘Approved’.
Please contact the IDFM on 1800 824 955 if your service has not received an email from the IDFM.
Will extensions be granted during the transition period?
Yes. Existing approved cases for an Additional Educator and Family Day Care top Up, due to expire between 1 July and 23 September 2018 will receive an approval extension of eight weeks. Services will receive an approval letter by email via the IS Portal.
Services with an IDF approval end date after 23 September 2018 and beyond will not receive an extension to their approval period. These services be required to submit renewal applications as per standard requirements, which is four weeks prior to the end date of the approval period.
What do I do if I have a child on an IDF case with an informal enrolment?
Children with informal enrolment linked to an active Inclusion Support (IS) case will need to be re-associated to newly created cases in the IS Portal post 2 July 2018. Until this is done, newly created cases will stay at a status of ‘Started’ and IS funding cannot be claimed. From 2 July 2018, under the new Child Care Package, all children on an IDF case must meet the eligibility requirements for CCS.
Is there any transition help available for my service?
Yes. The My service needs help with the ISP transition process provides information about where to obtain help for particular issues.
From now until 25 May 2018
- Follow all transition steps to CCSS including Provider Digital Access (PRODA) registration, logging onto the Provider Entry Point (PEP) and completing the online Transition Form.
- Set up your child care software and update provider/service details, check or create enrolments and link personnel.
- Maintain your service’s AUSkey authentication and ensure all details are correct.
- Submit applications for IDF Subsidy for an Additional Educator, FDC Top Up and Innovative Solutions using your CCB Approval up to and including 25 May 2018.
From 25 May 2018
- Note that CSS Approval comes into effect from 2 July 2018.
- Ensure applications contain a start date on, or after, 2 July 2018.
- Note that IDFM approvals for Additional Educator or FDC Top Up applications submitted after 25 May 2018 will start flowing from late June/early July 2018, with start dates on or after 2 July 2018.
- Submit applications for IDF Subsidy for Immediate/Time Limited support using your CCB Approval up to and including 8 June 2018.
From 8 June 2018
- Note that IDFM approvals for Immediate/Time Limited support applications submitted after 8 June 2018 will start flowing from late June/early July 2018, with start dates on or after 2 July 2018.
- Note that CSS Approval comes into effect from 2 July 2018.
- Note that applications must contain a start date on, or after, 2 July 2018.
From 16 June 2018
- Upgrade to the latest version of software.
- CCS data will begin to be available in the system from 15 June 2018.
- Once data is available submit applications for IDF Subsidy for immediate/Time Limited support using your CCS Approval through the IS Portal.
- Once data is available submit applications for IDF Subsidy for an Additional Educator, FDC Top Up and Innovative Solutions using your CCS Approval through the IS Portal.
From 23 June 2018
- If a case has been set to ‘Started’, check emails to see if any current IDF approvals are in ‘Started’ and require action.
- Follow IDFM instructions to ensure case can return to a status of ‘Started’ and claims can be made.
From 25 June 2018
- Query all cases that spanned beyond 1 July 2018.
Contact the Inclusion Agency in your state or territory for help with:
- Developing and updating Strategic Inclusion Plans.
- Completing and submitting New, Change of circumstance and Renewal applications.
Contact your third party software provider for help with:
- How to query a case.
- Activating and setting up your child care software product.
- Assisting with updating provider/service details, checking or creating enrolments and linking personnel.
Contact the Inclusion Support Portal Helpdesk on 1800 306 182 for help with:
- Technical support in relation to the Inclusion Support Portal.
- Inclusion Support Portal outages or faults.
- Provision of activation codes for first time AUSKey users.
- Logging into the Inclusion Support Portal, for example, assistance in directing your service to the right area to resolve issues when creating a user account or provisioning a user.
Contact the Inclusion Development Fund Manager on 1800 824 955 for help with:
- Understanding transition processes, including extensions to IDF subsidy approvals and system copied cases.
- Advice in relation to application assessment processes and IDF approvals.
- Claiming IDF subsidy through the Inclusion Support Portal.
Contact the AUSKey helpdesk on 1300 AUSKey (287539) (select option 2) for help with:
Contact the PRODA registration help desk on 1800 700 199 (select option 1) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for help with:
- PRODA registration issues to access the Child Care Subsidy System (CCSS)