The Australian Government supports parental choice and diversity in the school system, and is committed to improving outcomes for all students
As part of the Quality Schools package, the Australian Government announced the Non-Government Reform Support Fund (Reform Support Fund) for non-government representative bodies. Non‑government representative bodies are funded to represent non-government schools and support the implementation of existing and new policy initiatives and state-specific reforms in non-government schools.
The Minister for Education has approved 16 non-government representative bodies under Section 91 of the Australian Education Act 2013; a Catholic Education Commission and an Association of Independent Schools in each state and territory.
The Reform Support Fund commenced on 1 January 2018 to replace the Student First Support Fund, which provided funding to non-government representative bodies from 2014 to 2017. An Independent Review of the Student First Support Fund (the Review) was provided to the Government on 3 March 2017.
The Review’s findings informed the design of the Reform Support Fund to ensure greater accountability and alignment of activities with Australian Government education reform priorities.
Non-government representative bodies
Below is a list of non-government representative bodies supported by the National Catholic Education Commission, including contact numbers:
- Catholic Schools NSW (02 9287 1555)
- Catholic Education Office: Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn (02 6234 5455)
- Catholic Education Office of the Northern Territory (08 8984 1400)
- Queensland Catholic Education Commission (07 3316 5800)
- Catholic Education South Australia (08 8301 6600)
- Tasmanian Catholic Education Office (03 6210 8888)
- Catholic Education Commission of Victoria Ltd (03 9267 0228)
- Catholic Education Western Australia (08 6380 5200)
Below is a list of member associations of the Independent Schools Council of Australia, including contact numbers:
- The Association of Independent Schools of the ACT Inc. (02 6162 0834)
- The Association of Independent Schools of New South Wales Ltd (02 9299 2845)
- The Association of Independent Schools of the Northern Territory Inc. (08 8981 8668)
- Independent Schools Queensland (07 3228 1515)
- The Association of Independent Schools of South Australia (08 8179 1400)
- Independent Schools Tasmania (03 6224 0125)
- Independent Schools Victoria (03 9825 7200)
- The Association of Independent Schools of Western Australia Inc. (08 9441 1600)