In determining the maximum annual student contribution amount for a unit of study applicable for an individual student, the provider should consider:
- when the person commenced their course of study
- whether the person was Commonwealth supported for that study
- whether the person transferred to a different course of study or provider, and if so, whether advance standing was granted in relation to that study
- whether the person completed that course of study, and if so, the type of course completed; and
- whether there are any applicable transitional or savings measures for HESA that may determine a student’s maximum annual student contribution amount (NB: if you are unsure about whether a transitional or savings measure applies, please email HEenquiries@dese.gov.au).